When I attend a Course or Training I will give you the highlights and hopefully some information and practical applications that will be helpful to some of you.
Courses/ Training I have recently been on (I am reflecting and writing for you now…):
- Cerebral Palsy Integrated Pathway Scotland (CPIPS)- A 1 day workshop learning the protocol the NHS is hoping to implement in the UK to standardise physical assessment. CPIPS is an online database available for storage of physical examination and radiological data including standardised protocol for all Physiotherapists to follow to prevent hip dislocation and severe contractures in children with CP through early identification of problems, enabling timely intervention. October 2016
- APCP Paediatric Conference – A two day Conference with workshops, lectures and trade stalls. A great opportunity to network with other Paedaitric physiotherapists from around the UK to share practice and expertise. November 2016
- CIMT (Constraint Induced Movement Therapy) – a half day workshop reviewing the evidence and practicals ways to apply the therapy. March 2017
Up coming Courses/ Training:
- APCP Neurodisability Practical Workshop – Electrical Stimulation for Paediatric Neuro Physiotherapists. To learn more about more about electrical stimulation (ES) modalities on offer in the UK. May 2017
- Anat Baniel Method NeuroMovement – 2 day Workshop. A hands on approach based on brain research; using simple, gentle movements and focus to help children reach their maximal potential. – She has written a great book that is worth a read: Kids Beyond Limits